Sweet Talk


"Before you my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars—points of light and reason… And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything."

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Eternal Chains


I don't think of you when I'm checking my missed calls
Or when mistletoe finds its way above me.
I don't remember you when I go out dancing
Or when I'm out drinking my memory away in moldy bars.
You don't cross my mind when I'm reading in the library
Or even when I'm watching actors kiss in the movies.

But I think of you when I pass train stations
And when people talk about airplanes.
I remember you when I cry
And those tears make me feel ashamed.
You cross my mind when I smell brownies
And taste Swedish Fish

I only feel you in the darkness of night
As my eyes squeeze tightly shut
Trying to erase your eyes from my mind
And I only hear you in the morning
Along with my first breath that prays for a day to come
Without your words ringing in my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment